Translate

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Guys

"My son, give me your heart and let your eyes delight in my ways"
~Proverbs 23:26


Guys. I am not going to gush about the cutest boy at school, (Which since I am home-schooled would be my brother, Dad, or dog. Yes, definitely going with the dog.) He's adorable. 

See: 

Anyways not gushing about our dog, or about any guy from the latest TV show, band, movie, etc. Personally the whole thing causes way too much drama. However with guys are out their, it can be very hard staying God-centered. It can be extremely challenging for me to keep God at my center when I look at some of my friends with their boyfriends/girlfriends. It is hard to keep myself from falling into the pit of self pity. I must focus on the will God has for me, not my own. 

Sometimes I wish men could just fall off the face of the earth and make it easier. But that is not the solution. Realistically the male race is not going to die out tomorrow. So what do I do? How do I become God-Centered now. Waiting.
First, this may sound a bit backwards, but forget about yourself, and start thinking about a guy. The guy, a guy in the future, and of course think about God. 
When I was in middle-school, I really liked this guy, foolish little puppy I know, but I did. I began to realize I spent way to much time dwelling on foolish stuff. I started praying for this kid each night. I would pray God would strengthen his own personal walk, and then I would pray God would prepare the right godly girl for him, completely taking me out of the picture. I did not dwell on him long though, after him I moved on to praying for my future husband. Asking God to prepare his heart and mine, even at this early age. And then I would move on to other prayers and subjects. 
God can use such things in amazing ways. This young man may have been struggling and God knew he needed a prayer warrior. Even though I have stopped liking this young man, I continue to pray for him when the Lord leads. Him as well as many others. If God lays someone on your heart, pray. Go and continually lay them down before the throne of God. 
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7
I encourage you to join me. Whether you are praying for you future husband, current spouse, a brother, or your Dad. Sometimes I pray very specifically and sometimes my prayer is more of a heartfelt babble. That is when I am very thankful I have an intercessor and translator of my heart! When I pray specifically some of the things I pray for is this:

His Head–That he will look to God as Lord of his life. (1 Corinthians 11:13)
His Mind – That he will have the mind of Christ and think as the Holy Spirit would lead him and not the flesh. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
His Eyes –That God will keep his eyes from temptation and that He will turn his eyes from sin. (Matthew 6:13, Mark 9:47)
His Ears – That he will hear God's still small voice instructing him. (1 Kings 19:12, Psalm 32:8)
His Mouth – That his words will be pleasing to God. (Proverbs 19:14)
His Neck –That he will humble himself before God and be strong, courageous, and careful to do everything written in God's Word so that he will be prosperous and successful. (James 4:10, Joshua 1:8-9)
His Heart-That he will love and trust God with his whole heart. (Deuteronomy 6:5;  Proverbs 3:5)
His Arms-That God will be his strength. (Psalm 73:26)
His Hands-That he will enjoy the work of his hands and see it as a gift from God. (Ecclesiastes 3:13, 5:19)
His Ring Finger – That he will be true to our marriage vows and that our love will never wane. (Proverb 3:3; Malachi 2:16)
His Legs – That he will stand firm in his faith and not waver. (Psalm 62:6)
His feet – That God will order his steps and that he will walk in God's truth. (Proverbs 4:25, Psalm 26:3)


God has a plan for my life, even if I do not know the chapters ahead.



"Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."
~Matthew 7:7

1 comment :

  1. Love this!!!!!! Love all your scriptures that went with the parts of the body! Print that out and share! Especially love the quote on the last picture!!!! It sure would change relationships!!!! Love you mom!

    ReplyDelete