Translate

Monday, November 18, 2013

Musical Ability

"Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music..."
~Psalm 98:4

I was blessed to be born into a family with very strong musical abilities. We are like the Von Trapp Family Singers, only we do a little more on instruments then with our voice.
My Mother plays the flute, my Father plays the tuba, my oldest brother plays the cello and guitar, my other brother plays the violin, piano, guitar, mandolin, banjo, and I am sure others, my little sister plays the flute, and everyone can sing. So, you may be wondering what my musical talent is. Well, honestly I do not know.
(My oldest brother Daniel playing the cello)
When I was 5 my mother began teaching me the flute, and when my sister was old enough teaching her the piano. At 13 and 10 we decided we didn't want to play the instruments we were learning we wanted to play each others instruments. So we switched. I have now been trying to learn the piano, and she has been learning the flute. We have both gotten pretty far, but I must confess I struggle with time to practice and my piano playing ability's are lacking. I can play a little, but the way I put it is, "my family plays the music, I dance to it." I could also sing. But I am definitely not fluent in the language of piano, though I hope to be one day! :) My artistic ability right now is focused more on my ballet positions and projection, then scales and notes. However my dreams are still there. 
I am so thankful and blessed to be born into my musical family. There is never a dull moment. It is wonderful to watch things come together in a song. It is truly inspirational to watch my family use their talent to bless others and glorify God. 

~Hasta Luago Caiman!    


No comments :

Post a Comment