Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

History, Will it Always be a Mystery

"But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revelealed." 
1 Peter 4:13


History is a big deal to me. I happen to be quite a history buff. It is one of my famorite subjects in school. To me it is so fascinating to learn about people who lived a long time ago. 
 My favorite time period is the 1800's. 


If I could travel back in time, this is where I would go. I also would love to travel back to the renaissance, or the Great Depression. You might be asking why anyone would want to relive the Depression, and that is a very logical question. My reason for going to this particular time, and event, would be because people cared. They were not so concerned with themselves, as we seem to be nowadays. 

My favorite history to study, is family history. I love family trees! I like to know who came before me, what I am made of, what is in my blood. I like to where I am from, as if that makes a difference on where I am going… ;)


I have gotten pretty far in my studies, but have only been able to trace back to my great-great-great-grandparents. It is tough work, but I am getting there. I have already found out a lot about the countries I am from.
I am:
Candian

Scottish
(This is are Tartan. Our Familes spicific design. No other family has this design, only the Davidson Clan)

German

and Native American (Probably Cherokee)


Often times though I get so consumed with finding out my past, that I forget that the only past that truely matters is Jesus. He is the past that will effect who I become the most. He died on the cross to save me, and then rose again, conquering death. Do you want to know the best part? He is not just my past, He is my past, present, and future! How amazing is that. I have been given a whole book and more to learn about Him. He is truely the only thing that will ever matter. He is who I stive to be like, who I stive to find out more about. The ancestral history I long to know may forever by a mystery, but the history God has given me never will be a mystery.    
   



No comments :

Post a Comment